The Bob Dylan Archive®
RESEARCHER REQUEST FOR CONSENT TO COPY OR PUBLISH
THE BOB DYLAN ARCHIVE® (“Archive”) is made available to qualified individuals for limited purposes through the collaboration of Bob Dylan, the George Kaiser Family Foundation (“GKFF”) and The University of Tulsa (“TU”). The Archive may be accessed only by qualified academicians, scholars and researchers for the sole purpose of academic, educational, and historical research at the Helmerich Center for American Research at Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Bob Dylan conveyed various rights in the Archive to GKFF by way of donation, sale and licensing. Bob Dylan retained all underlying intellectual property rights in the Archive, including without limitation, (a) copyrights and all rights under copyright, (b) all rights to collect monies derived from exploitation of the underlying rights, (c) all neighboring rights, trademarks, trade names, and rights of publicity and (d) life story rights. An Archive Committee oversees the request for consent to publish process related to the Archive and any other use of the Archive contents whatsoever.
It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions set forth in the Researcher Request for Consent to Publish Process set forth below before submitting a request.
THE BOB DYLAN ARCHIVE®
RESEARCHER REQUEST FOR CONSENT TO PUBLISH process
Requesting Publication Rights
To request consent to publish, you are required do the following:
- Fill out a Researcher Request for Consent to Publish and Compliance Form.
- Provide your resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit all completed materials electronically to the Archive Librarian and Collection Manager (“Librarian”) via firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for a Publication Request to Be Considered
Requests will only be considered if:
- You provide all information requested; and
- The purpose of the publication is for academic, editorial, educational or historical research purposes.
Requests that do not comply with these requirements will not be considered.
Process for Considering Researcher Requests
Each publication request will be initially reviewed by the Archive’s Librarian and only those requests that satisfy all of the requirements will be subject to further consideration by the Archive Committee. The Librarian shall administer any request for such consent. Note that this process takes some time. The Librarian may require you to revise and resubmit your request. You will be contacted when the request is granted or denied.
THE BOB DYLAN ARCHIVE®
RESEARCHER REQUEST FOR CONSENT TO PUBLISH
AND COMPLIANCE FORM
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY
Full Name Date
Institutional Affiliation List a third party contact at the Institution and the contact’s email address
Theme, Purpose, Subject and Scope of Publication
Keyword Description of Publication
Estimated Format and Length of Publication
Annotated Outline of Table of Contents
Third Party Financial Support
Specific Materials You Viewed or That Will be Included in the Publication (Box, Folder, Item)
Planned Mode of Dissemination/Publication
Anticipated Schedule for Publication
Email Address Phone Number
Preferred Method of Contact
By submitting this request, I certify that the following statements are true and correct:
- The Researcher Request for Consent to Copy or Publish and Compliance Form contains an accurate description of the proposed publication.
- I understand that if my request to copy is approved, I am not allowed to copy, record, or duplicate the copy.
- I understand that permission to receive a copy of some of the Archive contents does not include permission to publish (as defined below) or other public use of the contents of the Archive, or any excerpt therefrom at any time, and that separate, written permission to publish or make public use must be obtained.
Requests to Publish:
- I UNDERSTAND THAT CONSENT TO PUBLISH, IF GIVEN, SHALL BE CONDITIONED UPON MY EXECUTION OF AN AGREEMENT SETTING FORTH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE CONSENT TO WHICH I MUST ADHERE.
- I understand that Bob Dylan’s representatives and the Archive Committee reserve the discretion to determine whether the proposed publication is for academic, editorial, educational or historical purposes.
- Crediting items from THE BOB DYLAN ARCHIVE® contents is mandatory in all cases. The credit line must include the: “Collection Title, Box, Folder, Item, Courtesy of THE BOB DYLAN ARCHIVE®” Collections, Tulsa, OK”, unless specifically noted otherwise. The credit line must appear in the appropriate portion of the work.
- I WILL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE ARCHIVE and the owners and licensors of all contents thereof AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, COSTS, EXPENSES AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES ARISING FROM MY USE OF THE Archive’s contents INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL CAUSE OF ACTION.
Print Name: __________________